The Signature Homes difference begins with the design of the house itself. Using traditional styles such as Craftsman and Colonial, Signature Homes creates a streetscape you can instantly fall in love with, and enjoy with pride each time you return home. The beautiful interiors are designed to be efficient and functional, with spaces designed for the way you and your family
Family Oriented Kitchens
- Custom Cabinets Kitchen and Bathrooms
- Microwave shelf or as per plans
- Laminate countertops (Granite optional)
- Double stainless steel sink
- Single lever faucet with vegetable spray
- Dens Shield waterproof membrane behind ceramic wall tile
- Ceramic tile around bath and showers with decorative border and inserts
- Wall paper holders and towel bars as per drawings
- Vanity size mirrors
- Valence lighting above mirrors
- Single lever faucets
- Scald guard water valves in shower head faucets
- High capacity exhaust fan, vented to outside
Low Maintenance Exterior
For years of worry-free living!
- Stone / Brick exterior on front elevation as per Architectural Drawings
- Maintenance vinyl siding on 3 sides as per Architectural Drawings
- Maintenance free aluminum soffits and fascia.
- Maintenance free all vinyl casement and slider windows as per drawings
- Self-sealing Architectural style asphalt roof shingles
- High efficiency forced air gas furnace with fresh air intake
- Ducting system in place for air conditioning (air conditioning optional)
- Energy efficient Heat Recovery Ventilator (HRV)
- High efficiency natural gas 50 gallon hot water heater (Rental)
- All windows and doors fully caulked at contact points
- Exterior wall: 2″ x 6″ walls with R-24 batt insulation.
- Ceilings: R-50 blown cellulose insulation at roof
- Basement: R-12 to basement slab
- In floor heating roughed in basement slab
So You Feel At Home As Soon As You Move In
A home should relate to its site and the landscape around it. By including landscaping and indoor/outdoor living areas such as decks and porches as an integral part of every plan, Signature Homes expands the scope and livability of the home — bringing the light and beauty of nature inside.
- Porches as per floor plan to extend your living space outdoors
- City lots fully sodding, Country lots hydroseeded
- Precast slab walkway
- Two (2) exterior frost-free hose bibs, one at the front and rear of house.
- Exterior walls: 2″ x 6″ studs on 16″ centres. 7/16″ oriented strand board (OSB) sheathing.
- Subfloor: 5/8″ T&G plywood subfloor on all floors, nailed, sanded and screwed for greater strength and rigidity
- 1/2” plywood roof sheathing
- All lumber is kiln-dried
Elegant Interior Details
It’s the little things that make a difference in a Signature Home. Interior trim, mouldings, railings and balusters, built-in areas that create a focal point, these are the things that add character and charm to interior spaces.
- 9 foot main floor ceilings (optional 9’ second floor ceilings)
- Gas fireplace in family room as per Architectural drawings
- Decorative trim throughout
- Hinged swing doors at closets as per Architectural drawings
- Choice of contemporary interior door hardware
- Solid oak handrails and banisters with metal spindles as per Architectural Drawings
- Sprayed knock down ceilings throughout (except in kitchen, laundry room,
- and bathrooms)
- Oak mantle with marble tile surround and hearth at fireplace as per drawings
- Standard ceramic tile flooring in kitchens, laundry, entry and all baths as per plans.
- Hardwood flooring in living and dining room, and hallways as per plans
- Carpet in all bedrooms
- French door to study where applicable
Wired For The Future
To provide light, communication, and power where you need it, every Signature home comes with the following:
- 100 amp electrical service (optional 200 amp service)
- Decora light switches.
- Copper wiring throughout, with heavy duty cable and outlet for stove and dryer. Dryer vented to outside.
- Ceiling light fixtures in all bedrooms, family room, study, eating area, kitchen work area, and above the kitchen sink.
- Dining room ceiling outlet is capped.
- Carbon Monoxide and Smoke detectors on all levels.
- Exterior light fixtures at exterior doors.
- Rough-in for five Category 5 telephone and three RG6 cable outlets
- Rough-in for central vacuum system
- High capacity exhaust fan over stove area – vented to exterior
- Separate circuits for small appliances, refrigerator, and microwave